Skip to main content

THE ELUSIVE FOUR LETTER WORD (L-O-V-E)




Hello folks, and thanks for clicking on my link. First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day and I hope you are having a wonderful time with your loved ones on this special day. Today, I want to write about the elusive phenomenon called love.

To me, love is a deep feeling of care and passion that connects one person to another. This feeling is what makes one human. Although animals have this kind of feeling but I want to talk about human beings and why I say this love is elusive in nature.


The reason I call live elusive, is that it makes the one who says “I love you” first is the vulnerable one. It is the same as saying I love everything about you and that includes the flaws and short comings your partner. We are in a generation where everyone is always presenting their “perfect side” and thanks to social media, everyone is seen as beautiful or handsome. We get to edit our words to make people think that we are good all the time in order words we are a generation that loves to make our fake realities. This is the reason why so many people find it hard to love: They see “that person” (outside) but do not see “that person” (inside). And if you are a sceptic like me (sometimes) you would say stuff like “this girl looks like a man eating mermaid” because of her beauty or “this guy looks like a heart eating demon” because of his good looks.

Another reason I believe that love is elusive, is the fact that we have heard too many sad stories of people who met other people online or had too many disappointments, but as humans, we crave exterior companionship (lust) because we know that is it. We know what we are looking for, with this method, we will be able to protect our hearts with titanium armour plates equipped with biometric, retinal and multi-combination locks so that the opposite sex cannot get where close to us. I believe this is the reason why we have so many schools of thought concerning love. We have what we call open marriages where the couples agree that they will not “restrict” themselves to themselves and see other people to get the marriage working. This also means that they are not “exclusive”. I must admit that when I heard about this I was shocked but hey they say that nothing is new under the sun.

Now people, I want to introduce to you the God kind of love as sited in (Luke 10:27). Please don’t get me wrong. I am an advocate of erotic love and I believe that a couple should share such “passions” with each other but I would prefer to do it in my matrimonial bed where (according to my father) is legal in the sight of God and the Law of the land. The God kind of love is so easy to inculcate into our lives but very few people follow it because it contains elements of trust, loyalty and co-operation between couples. This kind of love is “exclusive” which means that it is just the two of you in this race called life.

Why is it important to inculcate this kind of love? Here is my answer: this sort of love does not look at someone’s history as a deterrent or as an excuse for not giving him or her benefit of doubt. Please take not that I am not telling you to just fall in love like that. You cannot get to know everything there is to know about an individual but there has to be one or two characteristics about that person that makes you love that person despite his/her flaws. As a Christian, we have been advised to “love our neighbours as we love ourselves” (Luke 10:27) in other words, we should love our partners as we love ourselves. If you are found wanting in this area I humbly suggest that you get help.

I really hate those people who creep their way into other people’s hearts and tear them apart piece by piece with emotional and physical abuse. I have one message for you. Just as the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening, you will be judged on the weighs of justice and if you are found wanting, well God help you. No real man or woman will insult or beat their spouse to get their respect. The affected spouse gave you their heart, body, trust and respect; it is only fair and right to reciprocate with the same and more by curbing your excesses and working together to make the relationship work, because generations are riding on your loins. Do you want to be part of the rapid flock of divorced men and women in your society? Do you want your children to tell their guidance counsellors that their parents are divorced? Believe me, being a divorcee is not a badge of honour. It is a mark of failure as a human being because you were not able to make the marriage work. For those of you who are suffering at the hands of your spouse, I enjoin you to take that marriage to God in prayer. God said in his word that “the heart of a man is in his hands” (Proverbs 21:1), if you divorce that person, you are giving room for the devil to win over your life and for those unrepentant perpetrators of violence in the home. I humbly suggest you change your life and mindset by accepting your flaws as they are and voluntarily stop them in other words, repent. It is you who will give account to God about your life not your spouse. If the marriage ends because of you, you will be the one who gets “egged” by the society because you refused to change. My advice is, repent of your sins and confess Jesus as your personal lord and saviour because he is the perfect example of a love that is not elusive in anyway.

I look forward to reading your comments on the box below.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.