Skip to main content

SECOND CHANCE



Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful time. Today I want to talk about something that is predominant in our society which is the fine art of giving people Second Chances. It took me a lot of time and chastisement from close friends and family to change my (narrow) view on the topic of Second Chances. And I want to share with you my view(s) on the matter.

Second chances to me are one of the rarest currencies that are spent in relationships with other people. We live in a world where we are trying to outsmart each other and the concept of “fierce independence” is now a concept that everyone is inculcating into our daily lives. I like to be balanced in my write-ups so I have to say this; independence is good but to be fiercely independent can lead to loneliness because you will be angry at anyone that comes your way. The fact that you are heartbroken does not mean that everyone is a heart breaker.

 
There is one thing I think most people are forgetting; offences must come. No matter how pure or chaste you think you are, you will be offended by people. Some don’t mean to and some do but it is all the same an offense is an offense. The bible explicitly says that offences must come (Matthew 18:7). Offences are found everywhere; at home, work, on the street and in places where you least expect like the church. Fierce independence has made people to close the friendship bridge with people who would have been helpful to them in the future.

Here is my take on the issue of un-forgiveness. If you don’t forgive someone, you are contradicting yourself as a human being. In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus said, “Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who trespass or cross us” (Matthew 6:12). Please take a look at your life. From the day you were born till now, have you not offended someone? Have you not broken someone’s heart? Heart break does not only include cheating in a relationship, it includes the little things like lies. The fact is if you do something bad that is not expected of you, you have offended someone. Like it or not there are people who look up to you for inspiration and one way or the other, you will disappoint your “fans”. Here is another kicker, your fans will forget that you are only a human being who is prone to be disappointment and be disappointed. The cure to unforgiveness is forgiveness. Forgiveness lifts the burden off your heart and cleanses your spirit off impurities like bitterness, resentment and hate (both self and societal hate). (Matthew 18:21-22)

The health benefits of forgiveness are numerous to count. From personal experience, I realized that forgiveness made me happy and I get easily inspired to write. When I hold a grudge, I easily lose focus of what is in front of me and I reflect on the past which produces unnecessary cholesterol which clogs the arteries after 72 hours if you don’t exercise it out. So, I feel it is better to forgive someone. Like I said in the beginning of this text, I had to be rehabilitated on the subject of Second Chances. So, how can a hard hearted person like me forgive, here is the secret, TIME the shorter the time, the better for you; the longer the time, the worse for you (health and spiritual wise). The bible says that “we should not let our anger see the sunset.

Now I want to tell you something to balance the scales of this subject. Forgiveness is one thing but trust is another thing all together. People mistake one for the other. Trust is a treasure that is sought after but forgiveness is freely given. I am sure you have heard people say quotes like “he/she has to earn my forgiveness” this is so wrong. Trusting someone means that you have given your heart to someone and you are willing and ready to “go all the way” him/her knowing the person’s flaws and shortcomings. God loved us so much despite our shortcomings to the point he sent his son to this world to die for us (John 3:16). That is absolute trust.

Please people, “do not put the cart before the horse” you have to forgive first before you trust someone. Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of doubt. Not everyone will repeat the same mistake as they did before. After you have forgiven your spouse or friend, both of you should take the time to build trust. Make time and Jesus your best friend because you can trust these two entities to mend a shattered heart.

On a final note, I would like to say that you should develop a sub-culture called the “Love Culture”. There are several subcultures in the world like the Goth Culture and Cosplay Culture but nothing compares to the Love Culture. Here are the properties of the Love Culture:
i.                    Love sees through the flaws of your companion
ii.                  Love does not hold grudges
iii.                It does not keep records
iv.                It is unconditional
v.                  And it never fails

For those of you looking for second chances out there, please note that as long as you are alive, you have been given a second chance. All you have to do is build yourself and make yourself trustworthy. People will definitely offend you but when they do, remember that you offended someone else and forgive that person.

Let us spread the “Love Culture”.

I look forward to reading your comments on the box below.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

  1. Hmmm this is quite spiritual. I feel like am in church right now. Truth is, we struggle greatly to get negative stuff off our chests and this makes it hard for us to believe in second chances. I will not pretend like I am not guilty myself but from now on, I will...hmmm... okay i promise to try to believe that I can forgive others truly and make myself trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.