Skip to main content

SELF LOVE (Part 1)



Hello folks once again, hope you are having a blast. Well, I want to talk about something that just popped into my mind. It is called SELF LOVE. If I am to be completely honest with you, the song “Let me love you” be Ne-Yo just sparked on the back of my mind. The lyric of the song says “Let me love you, and I will love you until you learn to love yourself”. My question is this, do you need to be loved by someone else before you love yourself?


I am going to take this topic in two segments, the physical and the spiritual. First of all, I will like to explain the physical aspect. How many of us can proudly say that you have sown the seed of love in someone whose heart has been seared with the hot iron of hatred? Most of us (especially men), we tend to pick up on people who are vulnerable and take advantage of their vulnerability by telling them what they want to hear and soothing their aching hearts only to leave them hang out to dry after getting what we want. Everyone has a need to love and be loved. We like to hear comments like “I like everything about you” and you ask yourself “what is it about me that this person loves?” but as humans, we have special qualities that make us unique and makes us stand out from others. These qualities could be physical which include:
i.                    A person’s walk
ii.                  A person’s smile
iii.                A person’s body structure etc

There are also inner qualities which include:
i.                    A person’s speech
ii.                  A person’s hobbies
iii.                A person’s philosophies on life etc

As I said earlier, predators take advantage of people who don’t realize these qualities that distinguish them because; these victims have grown to accept that they are just like everyone else. And even if these people know who they are, they always look for new ways to emphasize what these “victims” already know to boost their ego. I asked a question earlier “How many of us can proudly say that you sown the seed of love in someone whose heart has been seared with the hot iron of hatred? Well, hatred in this case can be viewed as low self esteem.

Some people mistake self destruction for self love, in response to low self esteem, we try to experiment with ourselves by taking advantage of some poor/naive individual by shining your strong points which I mentioned earlier without seeing the imperfect side of you. This is why some relationships don’t last. We want to show our “perfect” side when really there is no one that is perfect. Examples of people’s imperfections could include body odour, imperfect speech pattern, inadequate height, a mathematically “incorrect” body figure etc. We forget the fact that “one man’s meat is another man’s poison”. The fact that she doesn’t have the hind quarters of Kim Kardarshian does not mean that she doesn’t have the heart and talent of Oprah Winfrey or just because he is not as handsome as David Beckham, that does not mean he does not have the nobility and heart of John Legend. I am sure you can’t live a day in the shoes of the person you revere as your idol.

I have heard people share comments like if I have Kim Kardarshian as my girlfriend, I will never look at anyone; I will be satisfied. Well, allow me to rain on your parade; they are human beings like you and me. They are subject to errors and mistakes like every other person. The reason you hear about them is because they decided to distinguish themselves in their unique fields. They found out what they were good at and practiced day and night to perfect it. When you compare yourself or your partners with them and forget your own strong points you are setting yourselves for failure. My honest advice is that you should take the strong points of your role model and make them your own and leave the bad ones.

We owe each other one thing and that is, love. If you read my previous articles, you will see other topics on love. I emphasize on love because despite the fact that hatred produces a certain “release”, the effects are temporary compared to the long lasting “high” that comes from heartfelt love. Every human being is living only half his/her life if we don’t know how to really love. If you are experimenting with yourselves (having indiscriminate sex and other societal vices) trying to find out “what works” for you, you will only be wasting your time and killing yourself. I once quoted a line from the movie Casanova where the lead character is lectured by a woman who does not like the lead character’s nefarious activities; she said “self love is self doubt”.

I mentioned something in the beginning of this article about Ne-Yo’s famous line the song “Let Me Love You”. My lesson here is you should first of all see your strong points and it is your partner’s job to look and discover the rest of them. Someone loving you does not come in form of premarital sex and other toxic relationship vices. You may be good in the “sack” but that does not mean that you are a gift to all men or women. You should be with someone who takes the time to look into your heart to see your strong points and add value to your life. Take the time to improve yourself.

Love your strong points and add more to your repertoire from the people who have the same persona as you.

Let us spread the “Love Culture”.

I look forward to reading your comments on the box below.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.