Skip to main content

SELF LOVE (Part 2)



Hello people, welcome to another time with yours truly, and thank you for taking your precious time to look at my blog. Today I want to continue from where I stopped in my last article on Self Love. In the last issue, I wrote about how the physical side of self love. Right now I want to write about its spiritual side; in order words how you can love yourself spiritually.

In the last issue I used Ne-Yo’s quote on the popular song “Let me love you until you learn to love yourself”. This time I want to talk about my anchor, mentor and best friend Jesus Christ when he said “Love the lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind; the second is like it love your neighbour as you love yourself” (Mark 12:30-31). In my last article, I wrote that the person that loves you should be someone who impacts you positively and not the other way round. I will try to keep this article as brief as I can.

 
The bible is very strict about what love is all about. Love thy neighbour as you love yourself. God never forbade anyone from loving themselves he only said that you should spread that same magnitude of self love to others. The fact that you love yourself means that you will not do anything to hurt yourself. For instance, you will not sleep with someone else’s sister without first letting the family know your intentions towards their daughter because you know that you will not want your daughter to come home with “unwanted pregnancy”. You will not sell yourself out for money because you don’t want your own children or your loved ones to follow the same track you are on.

For those of you who don’t love yourselves you are only admitting that you hate your own existence if you advice your own daughter to explore “herself” or the son to “sow his royal oats” everywhere he goes because you did the same thing as a youth. I have heard and experienced some stories of people who were taught by their parents how to “play the game of love” because monogamy is unreasonable. The children realize too late that love is not a game to be played but a commitment to be honoured.

Can you imagine I mother teaching her daughter how to seduce men? Or have you heard of a father teaching his son how to womanize and lie to women? Self love requires keeping yourself chaste (men and women) until you find that one special person that you want to spent the rest of your life with. Chastity (or virginity) is not strictly made for women alone. Although there are no clear signs that a man is a virgin except in his attitude and gait (speaking from experience). That does not mean he is unlucky or ugly it only means that he values his life and wants to set a good example to his own children so that he can proudly say that “I saved myself for your mother” when everybody says it is impossible. A friend of mine once told me “you don’t know what your parents did; why should you keep yourself?” My answer was, “I am me and they are them whatever they did in their past no matter how deplorable it might be does not affect me because they told me about the errors of their mistakes so that I do not walk the same path they did”. My parents have demonstrated “Self love” because they love their children as they loved themselves.

If you love yourself, you will not want allow yourself to make the same mistakes others are making. You will not give in to our generation’s catch phrase “everybody is doing it”. The truth is, your name is not everybody and not all fingers are equal. God says “Love you” because he says that we are wonderfully and fearfully made (Psalms 139:14). If you don’t believe me, God took the precious time to make you just like him when he said, let us make man in our image and likeness (Genesis 1:26). Indulging in self hating habits like premarital sex, drugs, excess alcohol consumption, homosexuality, lesbianism, transexualism, and others, taints your God given Image. You might call it fun but what do you call that sickening feeling after indulging yourselves in these vices? You are special.

For those who are suffering from these vices, know now that you are special. Don’t allow that pimp, drug dealer, boss, man or woman tell you any different. Let me boost your self esteem a little bit. A woman is by nature a patient person, a multiplier, a tamer; she always looks for better ways of solving a problem which is directly opposite to men who always resort to violence. They have the strength to nurture a human being for 9 months and the strength of heart to resist the pain of labour and the heart to laugh after experiencing all that pain. Wow! As for men, we are the strength of the home, we are the crown of the woman we provide the “raw materials” for everything like money, and other stuff that I cannot write down (you know what I mean), we are defenders and we are leaders.

Stop undermining yourself. Confess that sin of undermining yourself because no matter whom you are now, God still loves you. You may be a work in progress but God still says “you are perfect in my eyes”. He says “I love you with an everlasting love” (Jeremiah 31:3). God himself is love (1John 4:8). Others might undermine you but God says differently. Keep the faith and work on yourself.

Let us spread the “Love Culture”.

I look forward to reading your comments on the box below.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.