Skip to main content

The Evolution from Boyhood to Manhood (A Father’s Day Tribute)

Happy father’s day to you all, today I want to talk about the evolution from boyhood to manhood. So please, enjoy.

Every man was once a boy, born of the union between a man and a woman. Like every other boy he grew his first set of teeth, danced to the latest pop culture of his time and related with other children of his age, but little does he know that times like that do not last forever. During his boyhood stage, he makes a lot of mistakes, gets into a lot of fights and listens to the philosophies (including Christianity) of his age grade in an attempt to discover himself.

The parents “drill” the love of Christ into the boy because they want to fulfil the mandate of every parent which is to raise their children in the fear of God by taking him to Children classes, buying them gospel tapes for kids, and also having repeated morning and evening devotionals at home. He may not understand, but all of a sudden, he gets a real encounter from God, through the devotionals because the word of God is a two edged sword dividing the word of truth. He then accepts Jesus as his personal lord and saviour. As time goes on, his convictions begin to take root in his soul and he becomes a Christian.

After that comes puberty where he has to deal with body changes and emotions that his is not ready for; he relies on his parents for guidance and finally his journey to manhood begins. He starts to experiment with what works best for him in life; and as usual he makes more mistakes, and the battle for discovery begins and he asks himself, “What does it mean to be a man?” After that, if he has a Godly father figure like I do, he will tell him the truth. This truth consists of his own experiences and his own mistakes, and then the teenager realizes that he is not alone and every teenager is on the same quest. The father tells him, that being a man is learning from your past, taking responsibilities for your present and shaping your future.

When the boy reaches his late teens he tries to find the meaning of those words; he goes through life taking to mind what his father told him. From every mistake he learns from it, from every trial he faces, he bounces back and from every setback, he evolves to be a better person. This has officially made him a man of right standing in the society, because everyone can see his “battle scars”.

As an adult I have seen the results of what have been drilled to me since childhood. They have made me the man I am today.

Happy father’s day to all good/God fearing fathers out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.