Skip to main content

THE “CANDY CRUSH” MENTALITY

Hello again people, I hope you have enjoyed reading my articles online. Please remember to comment on the box below and log on to my facebook page www.facebook.com/iexcel360 for more inspirational quotes and words from yours truly.

Today I want to talk about the CANDY CRUSH mentality. For those of you who are conversant with this game, you might think of words like sweet, sugar crush etc. But now I want to talk about the addictive tendencies of this particular game and how we can use the same addictive tendencies in a positive light.

I want to start by saying that I am a huge fan of the game. I play it every day. I love the challenge of the levels and the fact that I will not quit until I have finished a level and move on to the next one. But I have realized one thing, the game is so addictive to the point where people just play and not realize the sole purpose of the game itself. A female friend once told me, “always read between the lines”. The game itself preys on our NEVER SAY NEVER natural instincts.

When we were born into this world as babies, we instinctively wanted to crawl, and then all of a sudden, we wanted to walk, run and finally, fly. I know what you’re about to say “humans can’t fly” but the challenges of life keep us from figuring out how to fly. Candy Crush provides the players different levels of difficulties and tasks the players’ brains in finding out the right combination of candies to create a certain effect and the more candies you align, the more the bonuses and that is where you hear words like DIVINE and SWEET.

Please keep in mind I am not bad mouthing the game. I am a huge fan of the game and I play it every free chance I get. But I want us to take a look at this game in its figurative sense and see how we can use the analogy of the game in our everyday lives. The game can be seen as life itself. It provides us with challenges and difficulties which come in various arrays of candies that are placed on a particular level. At first it seems easy, but as you progress, you find more difficult levels to deal with. But you are rest assured that as you continue to make the right combinations (choices) you will get bonuses that will assist you in getting rid of those difficulties that you will encounter while playing the game.

Also, as you continue playing, you will encounter levels where you are given a limited time of 90 seconds to come up with a solution to a particular problem. In this case the player gives all he can to beat the clock. This is where the NEVER SAY NEVER attitude of the player kicks in high gear. He may fail to beat the clock but that instinct kicks in later on and he/she tries again.

We should put the same attitude in our everyday lives by looking for new things to conquer. When God created you, he gave you everything you need to succeed in life despite your present circumstances. Life is like a candy crush game. You have challenges which are set before you every day and it is your job to think about how you can get through life’s obstacles. There are times you run out of options but that should not stop you from trying again; there are times you can’t beat the clock but do not let it stop you from trying again.

And here is the kicker about this game. It feels like it never ends. Just like life, till the day you die, you cannot avoid challenges but God has given us the means and the intellect to deal with and attack life’s minions that try to weigh us down.

So people! LET US EMBRACE THE CANDY CRUSH MENTALITY AND STRIVE FOR NEW WAYS TO MOVE FORWARD IN LIFE.

MUCH LOVE


I look forward to reading your comments.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this linkwww.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com

So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.