Skip to main content

THE HUMAN PRICE TAG



Hello folks, and welcome to another time with yours truly. Today, I want to talk about a controversial subject matter titled “The Human Price Tag”. I am sure you might be asking, “What on earth made this guy choose this topic”? Well it’s because I have seen what is happening in our society when it comes to relationships, beauty and societal class.

I recently read an article online where a matured lady advised younger women, to test their spouses before marrying them. This is to make sure that all the “settings” in the Hardware (men) is functional so that they won’t have problems when it comes to sex. In women, the men want to make sure that they are fertile and in some ridiculous cases, want to make sure that they are virgins. Please try and understand me, there is nothing wrong in making sure that all these factors are taken care of but what I have a problem with is, why should these factors I mentioned be the only criteria in profiling a potential mate? I am going to get weird here; the truth is, everyone in their lives has made one mistake or the other and as long as we are alive, and are willing to make changes, we will become better people.

Let me elaborate further on this point. Imagine (as a man) you meet a lady, she is loving, kind, a good listener and a potential good wife but you pump the breaks on the relationship and keep her on the friend zone because she does not conform to your definition of “beautiful”. Well let me ask you something; would you prefer a physically beautiful woman with no moral compass or a not-so-beautiful woman who will not just make you happy but also make no attempt to break your heart by cheating on you? Let me get to the women. Imagine you meet a man who is faithful, respectful, kind and a hard worker and you pump the breaks in the relationship just because he is not “man enough” or you feel he will ruin your family DNA because he is not as tall, dark and handsome as your Ex-boyfriend.

Here is another example on social class. A man who has so much to offer in the society has just graduated from the university; his moral compass is always pointing “North”, he super intelligent but he is unemployed and financially crippled. Anyone would look at all these features and say that this man is a failure because he is not rich after all that education. This sort of “setback” would break any man because he lacks what it takes to make others see him as a fulfilled man.

Well, enough of the graphic illustrations, let’s get to the heart of the matter. The word of God says that “God looked at everything he made and it was beautiful” (Genesis 1:31). He also mentioned that we are all “wonderfully and fearfully made” (Psalm 139:14). This means that God took the time to mould and create you as a human being with so much untapped potential. So what makes you think you are not good enough, just because you were not told you were not good enough by someone else? I have said it before and I am going to say it again; I blame the media for solidifying the known standard of being tagged beautiful. The media has put a price tag on every human on earth and here is they irony, it is us humans that are using these mediums to judge ourselves. Everything now is based on statistics and words spoken by various “authority figures” on subjects like beauty, fashion and lifestyle.

The reason I feel, people are giving other people price tags is because they want to feel better about themselves by saying stuff like, ‘I’m glad I’m not poor like him’, ‘I’m glad I’m not as short as he is’, ‘I am more endowed than he is’, ‘I am more endowed than she is’. Well guess what, IT DOES NOT MATTER. If you feel you have some form of deformities, please know that you are not the only one who has those same deformities and not that these ‘deformities’ you speak of could be another person’s fantasy. Like I said earlier in this piece, we all make mistakes just make sure you don’t repeat them and learn from the mistakes of others.

For those of you who feel that the other person does not meet up to your standards as a human being; do what Janet Jackson asked her friends to do in the movie “WHY DID I GET MARRIED?” she told them to take a sheet of paper and create two columns. One column to list the bad traits and the other the good traits and if the bad outweighs the good, then instead of writing them off, pray for them; if the good outweighs the bad you should stop judging them and take out the price tag on them because guess what, you are not perfect either. We all have issues to work on and it is a learning process for all of us until the day we die. Learn to communicate instead of castigating other people.

For those of you out there who are victimized by society, take note of this you are beautiful just the way you are. For those of you, who are handicapped by your mistakes, know that you are not alone and as long as you are still breathing, there is always another way. Show the people who put that price tag on you that you can make lemonade out the lemons handed to you.

Thanks for reading...

I look forward to reading your comments on the box below.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.