Skip to main content

WILD WORLD



Hello folks, I want to once again thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on every subject matter I write upon. Please leave your comments at the comment box and e-mail me on the address below if you want to get personal with me.

Today, I want to talk about something that is so obvious that we see it every day. All classes of society (the rich, middle class and poor), are aware of this fact that it is a Wild World; Make no mistakes, the fact that you are born of a woman you will experience tribulations all you have to do is face it head on. The Bible states that “In this world you will face tribulations but don’t worry I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Great men in this world have experienced trials and tribulations and they all have one thing in common. They kept on pressing on when they heard this word “NO”. Many people get discouraged when they hear this word and like they say, there is power in the tongue. The word no brings out answers like, “this is impossible”, “you are insane”, and my personal favourite, “you are not thinking straight”. All these answers stem from a view point that has crippled the capabilities of humans for ages and that is, LOGIC.

When people say, “logically speaking”, they are saying, you don’t have what it takes to achieve that seemingly impossible task you are about to embark on and in most cases, they are right. But I look at it this way; if you keep telling me what I don’t have, why can’t I just get what I don’t have? The fact is, I may not have what it takes but God gave us one characteristic that is predominant in all human beings and it is the ability to adapt. Being adaptable is simply the ability to think.

Let us take a look at some examples. Jennifer Lopez was told she can’t make it in the music business because of her large derrière. She was told to reduce her buttocks if she was to make any headway in the industry. This is just one of the many challenges she had but she rose to the occasion and today, almost every young woman in the world wants to be like her and she became every man’s fantasy. Today, we have people like Beyonce Knowles, The Kardashian family and so many others who have followed this trend. She was told the problem (which was a trend of the day), but she rose to the occasion and created her own trend.

Another trend setter in this wild world is Barbara Streisand. She was told to get a nose job but she refused and followed her dream. Back then, almost every female American singer had slim narrow noses but Barbara had a big nose (just like mine) but her talent brought her recognition. With that recognition, no one cared if she had a big nose but everyone saw her as beautiful. Today, I can’t count how many artists who have big noses and have make names for themselves in the industry. This woman I can say is the epitome of feminine beauty (I mean beauty by character and not by looks).

My final example is the Israelites. Let us go way back to when the children of Israel were held captive in Egypt. They were so used to the norm of the day which included excessive beatings from task masters, mass killings of baby boys and consumption of onions for food (even thinking about it makes me want to puke). They had cried to God for help but when the help they asked for came, they were still complaining about how well off they were in the land of Egypt. They were not ready to face the hardships that come with going to the Promised Land. That single complaint cost them 40 years in the wilderness.

The bible says that as long as you are in this world, you must face adversities. The fact that you don’t have what someone has does not mean that you can’t get what that person has. Do you think everyone you see on TV was born that way? Jennifer Lopez was once homeless. Each celebrity you see has experienced what you are experiencing growing up; well many not everything, but they had to struggle with crawling, baby steps, walking, running, tooth growth, puberty, rejection, disappointments, low self esteem and so on. The difference between us and them is that they chose to rise above their limitations and face the world with their swords drawn out to fight.

My father has done his very best to give me a solid education all the way to the university level. He told me this, when I was going through the grinder of education; He said “You should always strive to improve yourself” and he said “A good education opens doors for you. You might be talented but talent can get you far but education with talent will get you farther”. Sure you might say that “I have Masters Degree and I am still unemployed” but instead of dwelling on the problem itself, try and adapt to the situation and create your own solution to the problem.

All cards on the table; I am currently unemployed. I am sure people in my condition will go off the deep and resort to harmful practices like stealing, drug trafficking, armed robbery and fraudulent practices also known as 419 in Nigeria. But I take the time to develop myself mentally for my dream which is to be a great writer. It is tough being unemployed; you have to deal with jeers from your juniors who got employed before you; you have to deal the fact that you can’t meet the financial responsibilities of the home. But if you can sit back and think about what you are good at and perfect it, you will become sought after. As for me, I came to realize at an early age that I have an active imagination which came as result of an inquisitive nature and love for movies but I hated writing. I had to learn the basics of communication and writing to be the man I am today. I am still learning but I am determined to push forward and make my mark in this world with the gift God has given me.

On a final note, the predominant factors in succeeding in this wild world are patience, learning and fighting. You may not get what you want all the time but we are meant to move forward no matter what. As long as you are alive, you have every opportunity to try all (legal and moral) avenues to realize your worth in this world. There is so much within us that we have not discovered and it will be a travesty to throw in the towel before the last round of your life.

Always keep an open mind and an open heart.

Thanks for reading...

I look forward to reading your comments on the box below.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.