Skip to main content

It’s my life (Is it?)



Hello folks, first of all I just want to say how sorry I am for not posting any content for a while. I’m back and I want to share something that has been bothering me and my personal answers that I sought to what was bothering me. The issue I want to write about is, WHO OWNS YOUR LIFE? I know what you are thinking; “the topic doesn’t match the subject” but please bear with me and read this little piece. This topic is a continuation of an article I wrote called FREEDOM. Please click on the link and let me know what you think. Please remember your input on the matter will be appreciated.

I am sure you have heard this phrase “we are all connected together”. This is a fact that some of us are unaware. I know we tell ourselves every day that “it is my life and I can live it the way I want to live and I don’t answer to anybody” and in a way, you are right. But let me ask you something. Do you think that your actions affect those around you? I have come to the conclusion that they do. For instance, a musician has a dream to become a mega star and with all his life experiences from finding a role model, music training, going on the road, and making records don’t you think that people were involved in his/her growth? From training, he had to sing with other people and gauge his/her style to find out what suits him or her, then the musician has to make go on the road and open for idols he/she has looked up to, then making original records that is a total of all of his/her experiences.

Each of these processes was influenced by other people. I heard that Marylin Monroe smoked cigarettes to make her voice a little husky to give that particular style of singing and till date, that same technique has been used by other artists who look up to Marylin Monroe as a role model. Artists like Adele was said to be a heavy smoker (although I heard she is trying to quit) but that hypnotic sultry voice is as a result of smoking (which I will not recommend for anyone).

If you still think that your life does not count, let us take a look at this scenario. A woman whose moral compass has been destroyed by poverty decides on her own to go into prostitution. She comes back to her neighbourhood riding a Luxury Jeep (maybe a Toyota) and the girls she left behind keep asking her, how did she did it and she gloats about how gullible rich men are and how it takes just a few seconds of sex to satisfy them and then they cough out whatever she charges for her services. In the light of that, some of the girls would follow the same route behind her back because she has inspired them to sell their bodies by proving that selling your body is the quickest way to get money. Even though she did not tell them to join her trade, she inspired them to follow her lead.

Enough about bad scenarios; lets tell a real life story. Let’s take a look at one of my favourite inventors in history (drum roll please) Thomas Edison. One of my favourite stories about this guy is the invention of the light bulb. He was in his lab minding his own business when he was working on the bulb. According to what I know, he failed ninety nine times and it took the hundredth try before he succeeded in making a long lasting light bulb. When asked about his failures, he said that he didn’t fail, he only figured out ninety nine ways the invention will not work. Thomas Edison inspired a generation after him with the dogged attitude of not giving in or giving up on dreams and hopes.

Before I get to the conclusion of this article, (because I know you are figuring out where I am heading), I want to tell you the story of one of the strongest heroines of the Bible, Queen Esther. She was an Israelite captive living in Persia. She saved a whole nation from genocide when Haman devised a plan to wipe out the Israelites starting with Mordecai because he refused to bow down to him. The Queen took it upon herself to fast for the nation. Even though she wanted to wiggle her way out of the situation, Mordecai told her that if she will not help, God will send help from somewhere else and she (with her esteemed position), will not be spared from what was to come. She took the bold step to approach King Ahasuerus even if it meant certain death but she defied the King’s ruling and approached the King in faith and she was spared. She tendered her case before the King and Israel was saved. Wanna know more, read the book of Esther.

Here is the moral to this topic, we are all connected. Every choice we make both good and bad does not affect only you but those around you and the world in general. When the Biblical lepers decided to go to the camp of their enemies (2Kings 7:3-20), they said something that moved me “if we stay here we will die but if we go to the camp, perhaps we will be spared or killed” either way, they were prepared to die. Their choice to move forward turned around the economy of a country over night.

Same can be said about tyrants. If a man decides to use his abilities and wealth for evil, it affects everyone around him/her. We need to look at our lives and ask ourselves, “What will we be known for years to come”? So, to answer the question that I asked in the beginning of this piece, I believe that we are given the free gift of choice to do what we want and how we want it but whatever has a beginning must have an end. No matter how insignificant you think you are, you are important in the grand plan of God. You can choose to be Good or bad. But remember, we will be held accountable for our actions on judgment day.

I look forward to reading your comments.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

THE X-MAS FACTOR

Hello folks, hope you are having a wonderful day? Before I get to the topic at hand, I just want to say, SEASONS GREETINGS or MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Today, I want to talk about the X-Mas Factor. We are in a period where everyone wants to shorten long words to make things easier to pronounce but the sole purpose of this article is, there are some words that should not be just “pushed behind the queue” because doing that will make the meaning the word useless. Let us take a look at the word X-Mas. In mathematical terms, X symbolizes the “Unknown Variable” in an equation. Why should we replace Christ with X; as if we don’t know who and what we are celebrating? This is so annoying when I think about it.