Skip to main content

MORE THAN CAPABLE



Hello folks, I am writing this article in the spur of the moment. I don’t know if I have written this before but everyone is capable of both abominable acts and heroic acts as well. I have heard this quote that what a man can do; a woman can do better but let me ask you something (as a joke) can a woman pee in a bottle? Well I don’t know but according to sources (wink) it is impossible. Please note that I am not a narcissist when it comes to female empowerment but I am saying that there are things in life that can be done by both sexes that are thought to be impossible.

This takes my mind back to one of the many movies I have watched titled “Columbiana” the lead character is a femme fatale of a lady that can sneak into any building even a police station and kill her intended mark with surgical precision. She is always 2, 3, 4 or 5 steps ahead of the mark and will leave the scene without any trace of her presence. Before then, we see this sort of acting in men like James Bond and Jason Bourne but it is shown that women can step up to the plate.

Let us take a look at some real life situations. Its pains me to say this but I just recently found out that men are not the only ones who have the proclivity to rape the opposite sex. Just recently, I read an article of a group of women who raped a man in Zimbabwe. When you turn on your television or read the papers, the rape suspects we see are mostly men it’s only in rare cases you find a woman in the front page. But it happens. This is because I was taught in school that a woman cannot rape a man because according to the law, sex is not rape if there is “mutual consent” and there is no forceful penetration. Now tell me, how can a man who has been stained by the “sex animal” stereotype defend himself when he is raped because according to biology, a woman cannot penetrate a man. But this myth has been rebuffed in this Wikipedia article titled rape by deception. This goes to show that women can rape like men.

Let us take a look at some biblical examples. My main man Gideon was just a local farmer during the forceful occupation of the Midianites. An angel of the lord came and saluted but he went and cowered in fear thinking he was one of the Midianites. The Angel called him a mighty warrior but Gideon thought it was ironic because the literal translation of his name was “Warrior”. He was fearful because he had not confidence in himself so he chose to stick with his living situation by telling the angel that his tribe was not like the major tribes in Israel but one of the least tribes. To cut the long story short Gideon was inspired and all doubts concerning his destiny were cleared and he lead the children of Israel to victory for more details please read the book of Judges Chapter 6 till Chapter 8.

As human beings, we are limited by our societal norms to make us think that we are not capable of certain things (as seen in the previous paragraph). We are told that just because someone has performed a particular feat, you are not capable of topping that feat. We forget that these “feat makers” had one thing that everyone has at their disposal which is TIME. They groomed their dreams with practice, sacrifice and perseverance to get to where they wanted to be. To buttress my point, please take the time to look at the Guinness Book of Records. You will find people who pushed the limits of their bodies and imagination leave their mark in the world. Society views these people as crazy because “no normal human is capable of such things” but these individuals scale the societal fence of limitations to make their dreams come true.

I just want to say that we are limited by our choices. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do that thing you want to do (as long as it is good and morally sound). We live in a world where a graduate in English language can be a better programmer than someone who graduated with a degree in Computer studies. We have people who are breaking stereotypes, making their own worlds and celebrated for doing so. I want to enjoin you to join the train. Living a regular 9 to 5 life may seem safe and logical but in the long run it gets boring because your remaining potentials will be screaming for attention and if you stay hidden behind the confined fence of limitation, you will end up regretting doing so for the rest of your life.

Like I said earlier, find healthy ways to explore your hidden treasures; look for something new you feel you can add to your repertoire of skills and add some spark into your life. I’m not saying that you should resign from your Job but the moral of this article is to push yourself and find out what other things you are capable of and start doing them. So, the question is, how do I find that extra skill that is unique to me? Everyone is different, look around you and beyond you; there is so much that you can do. You can try turning on the television and if you see something that sparks that inner fire in you, you should try it. For instance, if you are listening to some music and you find yourself drawn to a particular instrument or the vocals of the musician, you can take up a self training class in music or if you can afford it take a class in music and after that, practice to improve yourself. After all that, you can find people and make friends who share the same passion as you do.

Don’t let life limit you, break free and do all the good you can do because the world is waiting for you. It will be a waste to keep all that potential buried and die with them.

Please think about this and make that change. It starts with you and me.

I look forward to reading your comments.
If you want to reach me on facebook, follow this link www.facebook.com/iexcel360
E-Mail: johnnyogah2000@gmail.com
So everyone, LIVE LONG AND EXCEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNCONDITIONAL

Hello folks, welcome to another time with yours truly. I want to write how grateful I am that you found the time of day to read my works. I am so grateful. Please take the time to check out the previous articles and let me know what you think at the comment section below. The topic I want to write on today looks like the title of an 80’s Rhythm and Blues song but today, I want to talk about something that is starting to become a foreign concept in our society today. That is, “unconditional attachments”. If you go through the previous links in this blog, you will find that I have written similar topics to this but I just want to reiterate on this subject matter. As usual, I like to be balanced in all my write ups but I want to talk about how the balance of unconditional attachments has affected our society negatively.

DOUBLESPEAKING

Hello once again folks and welcome to my blog. Today I want to write about something which will lead to something that will make that “something” meaningful. The “something” want to talk about is, double-speaking. This is a term I just leant in the book I am reading right now which is POINT MAN by Steve Farrar. According to how I understood it, double speaking is when we minimize the gravity of a negative word to make it more palatable to the ear. To make my point clear, here are a few examples. We call Adultery which is a “harsh” word and replace it with “Affair”, Fat as “Big Boned”, and Fornicating as “Testing the Waters”.

Fire and Ice

Hello once again and welcome to another time with me on the iExcel360 blog. I hope you are having a wonderful time? Thank you so much for clicking on this link. Please take the time to read my previous articles. I can only hope that every article you read will inspire you to greater heights. Today I want to talk about Fire and Ice. This article is not about the animated movie of the same name but it’s about the highs/lows, the ups/downs, the good/bad and the better/worse times that everyone in life has to go through. If you think that from the day you were born till now everything in your life has been rosy, you will have to rethink again because everyone has experienced the good and the bad times of life because the good and the bad times make me who I am as an individual.